Invisalign® Clear Braces
As an Invisalign® provider, Dr. Sammons and Dr. Laurent can help you straighten your teeth without having to refer you out to an orthodontist for traditional brace, brackets and wires.
Clear, removable Invisalign® braces make it easier for you to keep your smile clean and avoid problems like tooth decay and gum disease. This advanced system uses removable plastic trays that are easy to care for and comfortable to wear…and since they’re invisible, no one will ever have to know they’re there!
To optimally plan your orthodontic treatment, our office has invested in the iTero® Intraoral Digital Scanner to give Dr. Sammons and Dr. Laurent highly accurate insight into your oral anatomy.
How Does Invisalign Work?
We offer several orthodontic options to the Lafayette and Youngsville areas and Invisalign is no exception. This treatment is a popular adult orthodontic option due to its discreet, invisible appearance and effectiveness. Invisalign aligners are made from clear, smooth plastic. They are custom-designed to fit your teeth and are switched out every two-to-three weeks. Each time you receive new Invisalign aligners, they pull your teeth closer to alignment. The aligners can also be taken out so you can eat and take care of your oral hygiene needs, but they should always be worn as directed by your orthodontist (at least 22 hours each day).
How Can Invisalign Benefit You?
In serving Invisalign to the Lafayette and Youngsville communities, our patients have seen several advantages to using the aligners including:
- Clear aligners offer a discreet form of orthodontic treatment; others won’t even be able to tell that you’re undergoing orthodontic treatment.
- Because you can remove the aligners, cleaning your teeth remains as simple as ever.
- You do not have to modify your diet at all. With braces, you’d have to avoid certain foods because of the damage they could potentially cause to your orthodontic brackets. That’s not the case with Invisalign since you just remove your aligners before you eat.
- The aligners are made of polyurethane plastic, granting your mouth more comfort than the metal wires and brackets of traditional braces.
- If you suffer from teeth grinding, Invisalign will act as a night guard to help protect your teeth.
Not only can Invisalign be used to improve the position and health of your smile, they can do so without the need for metal brackets and wires! With Invisalign, you can easily straighten teeth discreetly with this invisible dental technology and without the social stigma that is typically attached to bulky metal frames and wires of traditional braces. You can start your journey to a better, more beautiful smile right here in Lafayette by giving Dr. Sammons and Dr. Laurent a call today!